Matcha Crêpes With Chocolate Ganache + Toasted Hazelnuts
Makes 10+ crêpes. Cake serves 4-6.
Part 1: Crêpes
1. Sift the buckwheat flour, matcha powder, salt, and coconut sugar into a large bowl.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, blend the almond milk, water, eggs, and oil. You can also do this in a blender.
3. Add half of the flour mixture. Once incorporated, add the rest of the flour mixture.
4. Melt some coconut oil in a skillet over medium low heat.
5. Spoon 3 tablespoons of the crêpe batter into the skillet, tilting and rotating the pan to form a large, circular and even crêpe.
6. Cook until the bottom of the crêpe is golden brown. Gently lift the bottom of the crêpe to check, and flip to cook the other side for another thirty seconds to a minute.
7. Remove from the heat and set aside. Repeat with the rest of the batter.
Part 2: Chocolate Ganache
1. Heat up the coconut milk in the top of a double boiler over medium heat.
2. Once the coconut milk begins to warm, add the chocolate and whisk until fully incorporated.
3. In a separate pan, toast the hazelnuts over low heat. Stir occasionally to prevent them from burning. Once fragrant and golden brown, put the hazelnuts on a clean kitchen towel. Rub the hazelnuts with the towel, and the skins should slip right off.
4. Drizzle the crêpes with the chocolate ganache and garnish with the hazelnuts.
Enjoy : )
Ever had matcha? What’s your favourite way to enjoy crêpes? Let us know in the comments below!
Comments will be approved before showing up.
Do you ever open up your fridge and wonder how you ended up with so many things that were so incongruous? I have pomegranates and okra. Taro leaves and green tomatoes. Tea eggs. Leftover frittata. Leftover millet…